US trade (export - import) with Cuba in 2015
The report on US foreign trade in goods with Cuba in 2015: exports, imports, balance, product types and groups, dynamics.
US Trade with Cuba
In 2015, US trade with Cuba was $180.3 million, down 39.70% ($118.7 million) from 2014.
US exports to Cuba in 2015 were $180.3 million, down 39.70% ($118.7 million) from 2014.
US imports from Cuba in 2015 were $0.0 million, unchanged from 2014.
US trade surplus with Cuba in 2015 was $180.3 million, a 39.70% decrease ($118.7 million) over 2014.
Cuba was the US 145th largest trading partner in 2015 (down from 132nd in 2014), accounting for 0.0047% of US total trade (down from 0.0074% in 2014).
Cuba was the US 126th largest export market in 2015 (down from 123rd in 2014), accounting for 0.0120% of US total exports (down from 0.0185% in 2014).
There were no US imports from Cuba both in 2015 and in 2014.
US Exports to Cuba
The major share of US exports to Cuba in 2015 (and in 2014) was accounted for the following product types:
- Food products and agricultural raw materials (HS codes 01-24) - 82.34% of US total exports to Cuba (95.30% in 2014);
- Chemical products (HS codes 28-40) - 12.42% of US total exports to Cuba (2.18% in 2014);
- Machinery, equipment and vehicles (HS codes 84-90) - 2.68% of US total exports to Cuba (0.25% in 2014).
The largest gains in US exports to Cuba in 2015 over 2014 were recorded for the following product groups:
- Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals,of radioactive elements or of isotopes (HS code 28) - an increase of $9.2 million;
- Miscellaneous chemical products (HS code 38) - an increase of $6.2 million;
- Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories thereof (HS code 90) - an increase of $3.9 million.
The largest declines in US exports to Cuba in 2015 over 2014 were recorded for the following product groups:
- Meat and edible meat offal (HS code 02) - a decrease of $71.3 million;
- Residues and waste from the food industries; prepared animal feed (HS code 23) - a decrease of $32.7 million;
- Cereals (HS code 10) - a decrease of $23.4 million;
- Oil seeds and oleaginous fruits; miscellaneous grains, seeds and fruits; industrial or medicinal plants; straw and fodder (HS code 12) - a decrease of $9.1 million;
- Commodities not specified according to kind (HS code 99) - a decrease of $2.3 million.
|Name of product group||Value
in total export
|02||Meat and edible meat offal||77,758.3||43.12||149,100.9||-47.85|
|08||Edible fruit and nuts; peel of citrus fruit or melons||228.0||0.13||320.0||-28.75|
|12||Oil seeds and oleaginous fruits; miscellaneous grains, seeds and fruits; industrial or medicinal plants; straw and fodder||21,506.2||11.93||30,573.5||-29.66|
|19||Preparations of cereals, flour, starch or milk; bakers’ wares||18.0||0.01||12.0||50.00|
|21||Miscellaneous edible preparations||36.2||0.02||47.0||-22.81|
|22||Beverages, spirits and vinegar||77.4||0.04||0.0||∞|
|23||Residues and waste from the food industries; prepared animal feed||43,974.3||24.38||76,715.2||-42.68|
|28||Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals,of radioactive elements or of isotopes||9,237.8||5.12||2.9||323,917.99|
|38||Miscellaneous chemical products||12,643.2||7.01||6,463.4||95.61|
|40||Rubber and articles thereof||0.0||0.00||39.2||-100.00|
|44||Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal||5.5||0.00||0.0||∞|
|49||Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans||380.8||0.21||127.0||199.79|
|62||Articles of apparel and clothing accessories, not knitted or crocheted||0.0||0.00||8.0||-100.00|
|70||Glass and glassware||0.0||0.00||5.0||-100.00|
|73||Articles of iron or steel||0.0||0.00||18.2||-100.00|
|83||Miscellaneous articles of base metal||0.0||0.00||10.1||-100.00|
|84||Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof||252.0||0.14||51.5||389.26|
|85||Electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof; sound recorders and reproducers, television image and sound recorders and reproducers, and parts and accessories of such articles||5.0||0.00||50.1||-89.98|
|87||Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof||20.7||0.01||38.0||-45.46|
|88||Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof||10.2||0.01||0.0||∞|
|90||Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories thereof||4,543.2||2.52||593.7||665.28|
|91||Clocks and watches and parts thereof||0.0||0.00||3.4||-100.00|
|94||Furniture; bedding, mattresses, mattress supports, cushions and similar stuffed furnishings; lamps and lighting fittings, not elsewhere specified or included; illuminated sign illuminated nameplates and the like; prefabricated buildings||5.4||0.00||38.3||-85.82|
|99||Commodities not specified according to kind||4,238.8||2.35||6,578.9||-35.57|
US Imports from Cuba
There were no US imports from Cuba in 2015 as well as in 2014.